Friday, January 2, 2015

A Little Experimenting

Yes, Christmas is over.  But, I'm trying to "think ahead" with a few projects for next time. One of those projects is "stocking making".  We're in need of a few smaller ones, but I wasn't sure what style I liked. So I went through my patterns, chose 4 potential stockings, and set about making one of each to see which ones appealed to me.
I think I'm a traditionalist or at least a bit of a conservative, because I like the 2 solid red, white trimmed ones the best. I'm already planning some embellishments for them. I did like the size of the striped stocking on the left, just not the construction of it. I might have to do some more experimenting and see what I can come up with.

The patterns I used are (from the left):
"Waiting for Santa Stockings" at www.redheart.com
"Little Christmas Socks" at www.lemondedesucrette.com
"Mini Stocking Pop!" at www.joann.com/projects/
"My Stocking Ornament" at www.suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I like the 2nd stocking from the left, but all of them are cute!

    ReplyDelete