Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Grape Scarf - Stash-busting For Stashaholics

Last night, I finished the Grape Scarf.
 Little Ty really likes the color and is doing a good job of modelling the scarf for me.  lol
I had thought everyone was asleep and was trying to get a photo of myself wearing it when Little Ty caught me.  He thought that was funny so he ended up being my model instead.
The scarf is made with two skeins of Grape Simply Soft yarn out of my stash, (making this a Stash-busting For Stashaholics project).  I used a size K crochet hook.  The scarf pattern is just a basic one.  Since I wanted it longer, I chained 180.  Hdc in 3rd st from hook and in each st across.  At the end of the row, ch 2, hdc in each st across.  I did this for 10 rows.  Then I finished it off and wove in the ends.  For the fringe, I cut 6 pieces of yarn the same length.  Then I added 6 fringe sections (each section consists of 6 pieces of yarn) to each end of the scarf.  That's it.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice :-) And you both model the scarf well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks . little ty definitely is showing some personality!

      Delete
  2. it's a lovely scarf and I like the colour you have a fantastic model there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of you little model, too funny! Good job on the scarf :) Stopping by from stash-busters.
    -Birgitta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks and i'm really glad you stopped by for a visit! :)

      Delete