Saturday, October 12, 2013

Downtown Decorating

This is a pretty busy month for our town tourism.  We have a tour bus coming through on Tuesday to visit some of the stores and such (thanks to the local quilt shop) and we also have the Booo-z Beer Bash on the 26th which is where you can walk around to all the beer booths and sample their premium beer products for one set price with the purchase of a glass.  In case you didn't know, we have a Budweiser distributor in our small town so beer is a big thing here.  In order to get ready for these events, the Chamber of Commerce and Brunswick Revitalization Committee has been asking people to decorate some of the street lamps around town.
 This Mummy is the first one that went up.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.  I was going "Wow!".  It's directly across from the bank drive-thru and next to the library and city hall.
 Then I saw this one go up in front of the antique store.  By then, I was wanting to decorate one too.  So my friend Patsy that owns the dimestore in town, she called and asked if I could.  And they said yes.  Woo Hoo.
 This is the one that Patsy decorated.  It's across the street from her store.
 And this is the one I decorated this morning. The sign says "Haunted Highway" since the lamps are on Hwy. 24.  Cool, right?  My pole is right on the corner beside the grocery store.
I've got to say that my guys are real sports about these kind of things.  They didn't complain one single bit when I asked them to help me out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment