Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Working on...

the next project which is another baby blanket.
I know...another one???
Well, I'm trying to get some stock built up in time for the local Pecan Festival in around a month's time.
For this blanket, I'm using some yarn out of my stash again.  This time is Caron's Simply Soft in Off White and Blueberry.  I am using a size I crochet hook.  For the blanket, I chained 90 plus 3.  Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across.  Switch yarn color, ch 3, turn.  Dc in back loops only in each st across.  Do this for each row.  This in turn, creates texture on each side of the blanket.
 This is the front of the blanket.
And this is the back.
I don't have much of it done so far, so the jury is still out on whether or not I'm going to like it.  Maybe it's the two colors.  It would probably be better if it was a solid color.  I'll work a bit more of it and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! you have been busy, and very productive! I have also made a lot of blankets this year (and more are coming). I think it is the "stash-buster effect" ;-) I love the texture of this new blanket you just started...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty. I like the two colors and the double sided look. I make a lot of blankets, too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete