Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fire Dept. Afghan

A few weeks ago, my sister Lea called me and said she would like me to make an afghan for them to auction off as a fundraiser since one of their local fireman was killed in a fire.  I looked around for a suitable pattern and finally found one.
 This is the finished blanket.  I like everything about it but the E in RESCUE.  Somehow I messed up.
 This is the graph I used.  I cannot find it again on the internet now matter how hard I've tried.  Therefore, I cannot post a link to it.  Sorry.
 This is my wrote out pattern off of the chart.
 The beginning of the afghan.
 A little bit more of it worked. 
And a little bit more.
This blanket took me over 30 hours to make.  I used 2 large skeins and part of 1 small skein of Red Heart Super Saver yarn in White.  I also used 1 large skein of Red Heart Super Saver in Cherry Red.  I worked this with a size I crochet hook.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Don't worry about the E; it's still incredible and will be greatly appreciated.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome!! I'd love to make one for my daughter who is an EMT. Any chance of getting the written pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely awesome!! I'd love to make one for my daughter who is an EMT. Any chance of getting the written pattern?

    ReplyDelete