Sunday, May 12, 2013

Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket

With today being Mother's Day, I had unlimited time on the sofa for knitting.  :)  This allowed me to finish up the Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket that I was working on.
 The pattern for this blanket is a free one from Lion Brand.  You can find the pattern by clicking here.  The only difference that I made was that I worked 163 stitches before starting to decrease.  It still made a good sized blanket.  Seriously.
Here's a quick view of the outer "edge" of this blanket.  I love that you work the edging as you are knitting the blanket.  You see...I'm a novice knitter.  I am not very good at it at all.  I can cast on, knit and yo, that's about it.  Everything else has to be looked up on You Tube in order to even attempt it.
Now...on to the blanket particulars.  I used a large skein of Bernat Baby Sport in the color Funny Prints.  I still have a good amount of this skein left over.  There's more than enough left to make a baby sweater and maybe a hat as well.  The circular knitting needle was a size 8.  
I know I've said it before, but this is my favorite knitting pattern for a baby blanket and I find myself using it over and over again.  I think I've made 3 or 4 of these now and I will keep on making more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment