Monday, April 1, 2013

Granny Stripe Afghan - Stash Buster Project

I finished the Granny Stripe Afghan this morning.
 Big C is holding it up for a complete photo of it.
He's 6 foot 2 inches tall, so it's a good sized afghan.
 It looks lovely on the back the sectional sofa.
 This is the bin of yarn that I started out with.
And this is what I have leftover.
Not bad.
I ended up using:
1 skein of Cafe Latte
1 skein of Ranch Red
2 skeins of Coffee
almost a whole skein of Warm Brown
1 skein of Medium Thyme
half a skein of Dark Sage
almost all of the Carrot (I had about 1/3 of a skein)
1 skein plus 3/4 of a huge skein of Soft White
and about 1/4 or more of the Mystery Green skein of yarn
All of this yarn is Red Heart Super Saver and it was in my yarn stash.
This is a total Stash Buster Project!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shelly! It looks perfect on the sofa, next to the 2 cushions.
    Are you already considering what you will do with the stash form the stash? It is endless...but fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I've been considering my options for using up more of the stash....and I just added another project to my blog that I whipped up today with some of the leftover yarn. I've got another project in my head as well. I just need to whip it up as well. :) I totally love this Stash Buster Challenge!

      Delete
  2. Your stripe afghan is very pretty. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, hopping over from stash busters. Your blanket is really nice and looks comfy on your couch.

    -Birgitta

    ReplyDelete