Thursday, April 18, 2013

Finished!

I finished the baby sized version of the Living Room Afghan last night.  It was a good night for crocheting as it rained and rained and rained all day yesterday.  We ended up getting 4 1/2 inches total rain.  *sigh*
The baby sized version was made by using a beg ch of 84 plus 2 (multiples of 6 plus 2 for the turning ch).  Then I followed the pattern repeating the pattern rows until I had 52 rows of shells.  (Make sure to do the 1st row of hdc and the last row of hdc.)  For the border, I worked 4 rows of hdc around the entire blanket.  The final row was the pattern....5 dc, sk 2 sts, sc, sk 2 sts, repeat.  If you do it right, you'll have a shell in each corner stitch.
I used way less than one skein of Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn.  In fact, I have about half a skein left and this baby blanket is pretty big.  It's 30 inches wide by 33 inches long.  I used a size I crochet hook.
I really like this blanket!  I put a photo of it on my Facebook page and it's getting lots of compliments this morning.  I would definitely make another one of these as I love the feminine look of it!  If you'd like to make one too, here is the link to the free pattern http://sarahsprojects.blogspot.com/2010/05/living-room-afghan-pattern.html .  It's a very easy pattern to follow and it looks great when it's finished!

3 comments: