Monday, March 18, 2013

Menu and a recipe

Here's my last week's menu:

3/11 - Venison Stir Fry (I don't care for venison, so I had a baked chicken breast and a baked potato)
3/12 - I had a broasted chicken so I used the meat for Broasted Chicken Sandwiches and/or a Chicken Caesar Salad
3/13- This was a busy night for us.  We had a quick meal of Hot Dogs and Mac & Cheese
3/14- Take Out Night - Pizza (another busy night)
3/15- Tenderloin Sandwiches (and yet another busy night)
3/16- Kids were gone.  So it was fend for yourself night.  Big Daddy made a couple of corn dogs but burned them.  I had a Grilled Cheese.
3/17- Bacon Broccoli Pasta (recipe to follow).  I cooked.
3/18- Crock Pot Meal - Pork Roast, Carrots, Potatoes with Lipton Onion Soup Mix


Bacon Broccoli Pasta

16 oz. Angel Hair Pasta
1 bunch of fresh broccoli - cut into florets
1/4 pkg. of bacon - cut into pieces
3 tsp. minced garlic
1 c. parmesan cheese (I used fresh)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. margarine (I used light)

Cook the broccoli florets in boiling water until al dente.  Drain.
Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente.  Drain.  Melt the margarine and add to the pasta.
In a large skillet, heat the oil.  Add bacon and fry until crisp.
Reduce heat to medium.  Add the garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Add the broccoli and pasta.  Heat for 2 or 3 minutes just to warm everything back up.
Remove from heat.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Note:  If the bacon is really fatty, you may have to remove some of the fat from the skillet before adding the garlic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment