Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Owl Magnets - Stash Buster - Project #4

Today I broke out my small stash of crochet cotton.  I just bought this cotton in the last month, so I don't think it actually counts as being a Stash Buster Project.  (I was informed that this DOES count as a Stash Buster Project, so I've edited this post.)  Woo Hoo!
  So, with the cotton, I made a couple of owl magnets.
I used this pattern for the owls.
The only thing I don't like about my owls is that I should have used a different color of orange yarn for the beak.  I have 2 shades of orange, but thought the other was too bright.  I'll be sure to try it on the next couple of owls that I make.

2 comments:

  1. I love your owls and thanks for the pattern link and yes you can count these as a stash buster the yarn was amongst your stash and I think the orange is just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I will re-write my post and label it a stash buster now. Thanks for commenting on this and the orange yarn I used. I really appreciate it. I was pretty unsure about the yarn. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete