Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recipe - Quick Grape Jelly

In a quest to find more frugal alternatives to items that I would normally purchase, I have come across a recipe for grape jelly.  We use a lot of this.  With grocery prices getting higher and higher, this is something I would consider making regularly.  I'm sharing the recipe and will do a price breakdown later in the week once I stop at the grocery store and price their jars of jelly.  I want to make sure I'm saving money by making my own.

Quick Grape Jelly

4 c. 100% grape juice
1 tbsp. powdered pectin
2 c. sugar

Bring juice to simmer over medium-high heat in a large saucepan.  Whisk in pectin and cook, whisking occasionally, 3 minutes.  Lower heat to medium-low; add sugar, whisking until dissolved, about 5 minutes.  Let cool slightly before pouring into jars and refrigerating.
Makes about 2 pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment