Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vegetable Soup

Friday afternoon, I made Vegetable Soup.  A very large pot of it.  I find it hard to make a small amount.  I guess I'm so used to having a large family that making huge quantities of food is the norm for me.
For this pot of soup, I did something different.  Something that I've never done before.  I didn't use a roast for the meat.  I used hamburger.  Over the years, I've heard that some people do this and I've always wanted to give it a try.  So I did.  I must say...it turned out great!  I would definitely do it again!
About my vegetable soup, it has the following ingredients in it:  Hamburger, Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Tomato Juice, Canned Corn, Green Beans and Peas.  I also like to add Cabbage, but I didn't have any.
Here's my method of making this:
1.  Brown the hamburger, drain and set aside.
2.  Peel and dice the potatoes, carrots and onion.  In a large pan, cover with water and tomato juice and cook until tender.
3.  Add the hamburger to the pan along with the drained cans of corn, green beans and peas.  Add more tomato juice as needed.  Cook until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment