Sunday, October 7, 2012

Update & A Free Pattern

 I thought I'd give you a little update on the status of the Jigsaw Puzzle blanket.  It's going very, very slowly.  I finally found a few minutes and worked up three more sets of squares.  These are the Amethyst, Coral and Shocking Pink.  Barn Red and Kiwi are next.
This evening, I spent about 30 minutes at the most and wrote out a quick pattern for a "Buckeye Pouch Necklace".  I have a nephew that loves Buckeye's.  I give him one every year at Christmas time and once in a great while, one will get lost.  So, I decided to make him a necklace to hold this years buckeye.

Buckeye Pouch Necklace - Free Pattern

Peaches & Creme Cotton in Faded Denim Blue
I crochet hook

1.  ch 2, work 4 sc in the 2nd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to the 1st sc.  (4)
2.  ch 1, work 2 sc in same st and in each st around.  Join with a sl st to the 1st sc.  (8)
3.  ch 1, work 1 sc in same st and in each st around.  Join with a sl st to the 1st sc.  (8)
4.  repeat row 3.
5.  repeat row 3.  Fasten off, weave in ends.

Necklace Chain
In row 5 of pouch, join cotton with a sl st to any st.  Ch 90.  Without twisting chain, sk 3 sts in the 5th row of the pouch, join yarn with a sl st to the 4th st.  Fasten off, weave in ends.

Turn pouch right side out.

My buckeye is fairly small.  It measures approx. 1 inch high and 2 inches around the middle.
There you have it!  Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment: