Sunday, April 22, 2012

What I've Been Up To (Part 1)

I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post.  Time sure does fly!  Especially during this time of the year.  We're on the countdown to school being out on May 16th and there are a lot of things that have to happen before that date arrives.  So we're busy, busy, busy every day of the week in the evenings.
I haven't had a lot of time for my crocheting, but I've still managed to get a few things done.
 This item is a "Cell Cozy".
The free pattern can be found here http://knitaly.blogspot.com/2010/06/cell-cozy.html .  It's originally in Italian, but I converted it over to English.  It takes a bit of messing around, but I was finally able to understand what I needed to do and managed to get this little project finished.  It will be a gift at Christmas time for a niece.
As to the particulars, I used Red Heart worsted weight yarn in Aruba Sea and a G hook.
 Then I made this.  It's a Boobie Hat.  And if it offends you, please accept my apologies, but honestly...it's a gag gift for someone.  Just skip this part of my post and go on down to the next item.
I couldn't find a pattern for this, so I made up my own (sort of).  I used my favorite skater beanie pattern once I got the nipple section worked up.
Here's what I did:
Boobie Hat (Adult Size)
Materials:
Caron's Simply Soft yarn in Soft Pink and White
H crochet hook

With pink, 
1- ch 2, work 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join. (6)
2- ch 1, sc in same st and in each st around, join. (6)
3- repeat round 2.  (you may omit this round if you want a smaller nipple)
4- ch 1, sc in same st and in next st, 2 sc in next st, *sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, repeat from * around, join. (8)
5- ch 1, sc in same st and in each st around, join. (8)
6- ch 1, 2 sc in each st around, join (16)
7- begin Round 3 of the Skater Beanie pattern which can be found here http://chiescrochetandknitting.blogspot.com/2005/11/very-simple-skateboarder-beanie.html .
Note: change over to the white color yarn at any point.  you determine the size of the areola.

 I made this big letter "D" pillow for one of my nieces.  It'll be another Christmas present.
The free pattern can be found here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/alphabet-pillows.
I used Red Heart worsted weight yarn in Turqua and an I hook.
 I made the "Chunky Circle Scarf" using this free pattern http://peoplewebs.blogspot.com/2011/01/pattern-chunky-circle-scarf.html.  The only thing I did different was that I used one skein of yarn instead of two (held together).  I didn't want the scarf to be that chunky.  My scarf is the color Soft White.  It's another Christmas gift.  Despite Small T's expression, she did say that she really liked the scarf and wants me to make one for her.
 I've included this photo of my "boys" simply because it's so rare anymore for them to be horsing around together.  Especially for Medium J (on the right).  He's finally starting to get back to his normal self now after the whole "cancer" thing.  He has stated lately that his leg has been hurting some and he was wondering about an x-ray in the near future.
 I saw a pattern for a different type of granny square that I just love.  And since I was getting ready to start my next afghan, it was my first choice.  Here is the pattern link http://yarn-ing.blogspot.com/2009/07/granny-square-pattern.html .  The above photo shows some of the inner circles that I have started.  I'm using Red Heart worsted weight yarn simply because that's what I have on hand.  I'm also using an I hook.
 Then I've started making the granny squares.  I'm doing the background all in white.  The only color will be the centers of the squares.
 I decided to change it up a bit and I'm connecting four of the regular squares into one big square and then doing two rounds of white around the bigger square.  Then I'll hook these bigger squares together into a blanket.
My last part of this post will be the big letter "T".  The free pattern is the same but here's the link again http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/alphabet-pillows.  I used Red Heart worsted weight yarn in Spring Green and an I hook.  This is also another Christmas present.  (I have a huge family.)

No comments:

Post a Comment