Friday, January 6, 2012

Revisited - The Slouch

My sister "Lea" asked me to make her a hat just like the one I made for one of her grown step-daughters. She wanted one like it because she could wear her hair in a pony tail and still wear the hat. It's a "roomy" hat. The hat in question is my own pattern called "The Slouch". The pattern can be found here http://bookfairy43.blogspot.com/2011/07/slouch.html .
I used Red Heart yarn in Black and in White. I added a pom pom that my original pattern doesn't call for. Now, I've had comments on this hat before. One of those comments is that it's a very large hat. Yep, that's right. It's got lots and lots of room in it. However, the hat can be customized quite easily. The instructions have one row of decrease stitches. You could add another row of decrease stitches to make it fit your head if it's smaller. So, with that in mind, don't be afraid to try the pattern out.
Anyway, I finished this hat up today. That's one more item marked off my list! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment