Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Granny Square Blanket is Finished!!!

Woo Hoo! I finished the Granny Square Blanket about 20 minutes ago!!! I'm sooooo excited to have it done! And I love it! I want to keep it for myself! But...I cannot. It's a gift for my sister for Christmas 2012. *sigh* Now, I just hope she likes it as much as I do. :)

Here's the side view of it.

An angled view of the length of it.
I measured it and it's 61 1/2 inches wide by 79 1/2 inches long.
In the end, I bought or had two skeins of each color. For some of the colors, I barely used a skein and for the other colors I used almost 2 skeins. The yarn was Red Heart in the colors: Cornmeal, Coffee, Soft White, Burgundy, Light Sage, Aran, Soft Navy, Country Blue, and Warm Brown. I used a K crochet hook and this pattern for the squares http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-granny-classic-afghan . The border is just a basic dc in each st around with 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in each corner. I did a row of each color yarn for the border.

So...with the Granny Square Blanket finished, I have now marked 7 items off my to-do list. Woo Hoo! What a feat!
Now, I will start working on the Majestic Afghan again. It's a WIP that has been sitting around waiting for the holiday season to end. I have a huge skein of each color yarn so I can get going on it and hopefully have it finished fairly soon.
I also plan to start making the 4 monsters that another one of my sisters has ordered from me. Those are another item on my list.
Oh, and I'm going to make another vow to do so many rows per day on the knitted scarf I started. Maybe I will actually get something accomplished on this. It worked for the scarf I knooked!
So...with these things mentioned...I'll be heading off to bed and dreaming of future crochet projects. :)
See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment