Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving...The Lead Up

Thanksgiving Day was rather uneventful here. I was the first one up (as usual), so I made a pot of coffee and went down for a shower. When I came back upstairs, I found Uncle D at the door. It was 9:20 am. Dinner wasn't until 1. *sigh* So Uncle D went to the restaurant for coffee and then to visit with my mom until my family started waking up. By this time, Big Daddy was getting awake and ready for some coffee. Once we got our coffee buzz going on, we started getting things ready for the dinner. Then, around noon, Small T woke up. I finally woke Big C up at 1 and told him we'd be eating in about 15 minutes. Uncle D arrived. And Big Daddy went to get Grandma. We all had a good meal then settled in to watch some football (or take naps...in my case). The rest of the day was spent watching TV, crocheting, getting in some computer time, or reading a book. Big C spent the afternoon/evening cleaning up the basement as we are having company today from out of town.

Big Daddy cooking up something in the kitchen.

Small T catching up on her reading for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment