Sunday, November 27, 2011

7" Wrist Warmers - Free Pattern

I developed a quick pattern yesterday while I had a couple of my nephews here visiting. It's for a 7" Wrist Warmer. I was dumbfounded that my 9 year old nephew has a 7" (circumference) of his hand. His hands seem so small! But, the wrist warmer also fits his mom, who has small hands as well. So...here's the pattern. Enjoy!
7" Wrist Warmers - Free Pattern

WW yarn (I used Red Heart in the color Black)
I crochet hook

ch 25. Join to form a ring (without twisting).
Round 1- ch 1, sc in next ch and in each ch around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1. (24 sc)
Round 2- ch 1, sc in next sc and in each sc around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1. (24 sc)
Round 3 thru 6- Repeat Round 2.
Round 7- ch 1, sc in next 4 sc, ch 5, sk 5 sc, sc in the next 15 sc, join with a sl st to beg ch 1.
Round 8- ch 1, sc in each sc and ch around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1. (24 sc)
Round 9- ch 1, sc in next sc and in each sc around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1. (24 sc)
Round 10 thru 16- repeat Round 9.
Round 17- ch 1, *sc in next 6 sc, sc dec over next 2 sc*, repeat from * to * around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1. fasten off. weave in ends. (18 sc, 3 sc dec)

NOTE: There are lots and lots of patterns for 7" wrist warmers out there. I did NOT copy anyone's pattern. I just sat down on the couch with my paper and pen and worked this out. I would be more than happy to take a photo of my paper and post it here, if that would ease anyone's mind. That being said, please feel free to make as many of these as you want. I've got no problem with the selling of these items. Mainly because this isn't a really "original" pattern since there are tons of these available out there. So...happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment