Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another Scarf on the Knook

I started another scarf on the Knook last night. It will be bigger than the skinny scarf though. I cast on 25 stitches. I plan to give it to Medium J for Christmas. Since it takes me so long to make a scarf using the knook, (simply because I'm not fast enough), I hope I will have enough time to get it done. I'm using the size I knook hook and Red Heart worsted weight yarn in Windsor Blue. Believe it or not, when I use the knook, the yarn actually turns out much softer than in traditional crochet or knitting. Wonder why? Or am I just hoping that it's softer? LOL

2 comments:

  1. well, i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is because you use less yarn, so it has more drape per size hook. try it, an experiment...crochet using the same hook, a row of double crochet, a row of treble crochet, and a row of knooked. mark it, pull it out and see how much yarn you've used for each type of stitch. crochet, while wonderful drape is definitely possible, is often a bit bulkier due to not using a large enough hook and maintaining too tight tension. i love crochet, and i am an extremely loose hooker...so my crochet drapes similar to my knitting, but my knitting is using larger needles too. perhaps i've a big fat poker {wink}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well debra....you've given me a good idea to try. i will do it and see what happens! it's good to know that you possibly have a big fat poker! lol you're a little devil in disguise! :)

    ReplyDelete