Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This Week So Far...

It's the week before school starts and yes, it's busy as usual. Band Camp/Flag Camp started on Monday. Softball and Baseball Practice started on that day as well. That means my two high school kids have had to be up and at it by 7 am each morning. In fact, I had to be as well. I'm the Band Booster President and therefore, I had to arrange help for passing out band uniforms (me and two wonderful ladies) during the camp this week. In among all of this, we are also setting up fundraising events for the year for the Band Boosters. This is not an easy job, but it gets easier each year as we become more and more organized. Movie nights have been agreed upon for the next few months and a car wash is coming up really quickly.
As for baseball and softball practice, each of my kids has attended their practices so far except for Small T. She missed today's practice and Big C was a bit late for his. You see, they had an emergency appt. at the ortho doctor that they see. Small T was put back in her Cam Boot and cannot play softball at this time. She can still go to practice and sit in the dugout while watching the rest of the team, and also attend the games, but she's not going to be able to actually participate. She is NOT HAPPY. She's still having a problem with the Liz Frank Ligament in her foot that was injured last year. Now, they've also found that she has a piece or chip out of the bone where the ligament belongs. So...she's scheduled for a CAT scan on Thursday and back to the doctor on Friday as she may be having surgery. Big C has his ankle in a Tri Fold as he's still suffering from his fall at the pool. The town where the doctor is located, had a massive city wide power outage, so he was unable to finish his appt. and will have to go back in regards to his knee on Friday when Small T goes. He can still practice at this time, but he's not allowed to actually run.
Now, while the kids were in the middle of their appt. today, I was at the dentist getting my front tooth fixed again. I'm so very glad it's fixed. Hallelujah! I'm so very vain about my front teeth! Tomorrow, it's back to work for me. The forecast is calling for rain along with much cooler temperatures. That's a welcome relief from all the excessive heat warnings that we've had in the past month. However, I could use the paycheck so I hope we aren't rained out the whole day.
I've also had lots of fun finishing up Small T's school shopping. We're all done now with hers and Big C's except for the backpacks which are due to arrive in the mail anytime now. Oh, and folders. I have to get some of those tomorrow.
And it's that time of the year when my meetings (organizations from school) have started back up. So far this week, I've had a Booster Club (athletic) meeting and the planning has began for the annual softball tournament that his held in a few weeks and I also have a FCCLA Alumni and Friends meeting this week on Thursday evening. We have a huge fundraiser coming up next week and we're in the final stages of planning it.
I applied to substitute teach at school this year and I have a few things left to finish up so I can get my certification. Then I might be called to work. I'm a bit worried about this, but I think I'll be fine. It's been a long time since I've done anything like this.
And...I've managed to get in a bit of crochet time in the evenings. Here are my finished items plus a progress report.

Slouchy Hat made with Simply Soft yarn and a J hook. I don't look to great in this color, but my model is already in bed. She's worn out.
Slouchy Hat made with Simply Soft yarn and a J hook. I love this hat! I think I need to make one for myself! I look good, I think.
Progress on the Majestic Afghan. I am on row 37 now. I did 12 rows on it this evening. It's coming along fairly quickly. Or at least, faster than I thought it would.
So, that's my update on the first two days of the week. I'll try to keep in touch this week as it's just as busy as the beginning of the week has been. :) Have a good one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment