Sunday, May 1, 2011

Free Pattern - Simply Square Pin Cushions



Do you like these little beauties? I doodled around yesterday evening and came up with these. Cute, huh? I haven't shared a pattern in quite a while, so it's your lucky day. Here it is:



Simply Square Pin Cushions


Materials:

scraps of Caron's Simply Soft yarn

G crochet hook

fiber fill for stuffing


(make 2)

ch 13.

1 - sc in 2nd ch from hk and in each ch across. (12 sc)

2 - ch 1, turn. sc in each sc across. (12 sc)

3 to 12 - repeat row 2.

at end of row 12, finish off.


Edging:

1 - With the two pieces held wrong side together, join yarn close to a corner. ch 1, sc evenly down the edge (should be 10 sc), then work 3 sc in the corner st, then sc evenly down to the next corner, work 3 sc in corner st, around to the last sc, then join with a sl st in the beg sc.

2 - ch 1, *sc, work picot (ch 3, sl st in 1st ch), sc in next st*; repeat from * to * around. (Note: When you get to the corner st, you should be working 2 sc in it according to the pattern.) Join with a sl st in the beg sc, fasten off, weave in ends.


I hope this makes sense. The Edging is really pretty self-explanatory once you start working it. If it's not working out correctly, then just keep working it however you feel best. Or you can email me and I'll help out the best I can.


I hope you enjoy the free pattern! Just a quick note - Feel free to use my pattern just don't claim it as your own. I know it's really simply, but I still came up with it. Others may have too, but I've not seen them yet. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment