Sunday, December 19, 2010

Chevron Doggie Blankets



First off, this is a horrible photo! Sorry! The photo shows the beginning of the first doggie blanket that I am making. I'm using yarn from my stash in the colors - black, green and white. It's all Red Heart worsted weight. I'm also using a J hook.
Since my dogs are small, I didn't want a huge blanket. So I took the basic concept of the Chevron Blanket and used it to come up with the size I need.
Basically, that means that I started with a ch of 64. Sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, then sc in the next 4 chs, *3 sc in the next ch, sc in the next 5 chs, sk 2 chs, sc in the next 5 chs, repeat from * across until you get to the last 5 chs, then sc in each of those. ch 1, turn.
Now, I worked in the back loop only for the rest of the doggie blanket.
Then for the next row, sk 1 sc, sc in the next 5 sc, *3 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 5 sc, sk 2 sc, sc in the next 5 sc, repeat from * across to the last 6 sc, then sc in the first 4 sc, sk 1 sc, sc in the last sc, ch 1, turn.
Repeat for pattern.
I'm using three colors, in blocks of 4 rows. I am anticipating that I will need 48 rows. We will see when I get that far. My dogs aren't very big, and I'm not wanting them to be engulfed by the blankets. I will also put a border of some sort arount the edge of the blankets. I'm still unsure as to what I'll do. I'll surprise us all.
The second doggie blanket will be in black, maroon, and white Red Heart yarn. The yarn is also coming from my stash of scrap yarn.
(Note: This is not my original pattern, just my version of the Chevron pattern that I needed to complete my project. If there is someone I should give credit to, then please let me know. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes or violate copyright issues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment