Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Recipe - Tater Topped Casserole

I'm trying out "new to us" recipes this week that use most of the things I have on hand here at home and only require that I buy one or two items to make it. Some of my family members are picky eaters, but this recipe got a score of 5 out of 5.

Tater Topped Casserole

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/3 c. sliced celery (I didn't use this)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted (I used cream of mushroom)
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen Tater Tots
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the salt and pepper.

2. Spoon mixture into a greased 3 qt. baking dish. Spread with soup. Top with frozen tater tots. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment