Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Book Nook - 5/13/10

I started reading the series "Percy Jackson & The Olympians" again. I have to admit though, that I only got through book one the first time. Since it's been awhile, I figured I had better read it again before going on to book two. Anyway, here's my review.

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - This series is in the young adult section in the book store. I have to admit that I enjoy reading books out of this area. I buy them for me, but my kids can read them too. But back to the book, I think it's unique to have the books based on the Olympic gods and their kids. The book has plenty of action and it keeps your attention throughout. Out of a possible 10, I give this book an 8. By the way, these books are aimed at both boys and girls even though the main character is a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment