Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snail Mail

In my opinion, the art of letter writing is long past in some cultures. I think this is because there are other more convenient ways of keeping in touch with someone. Such as the telephone and email. About 8 years ago, I got involved in penpalling. There were times when I wasn't able to keep up with it, but overall, I am still writing and sending cards and letters to a group of women that I have been friends with for these past 8 years. It's great to get an unexpected card or letter in the mail when you are used to seeing nothing but bills or junk mail. Even a family member that you haven't seen or heard from in a while would love to see a card or letter from you, and you just might get one back from them. So why not write a small note or drop a card in the mail every now and then. You'll make someone else's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment