Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dinner Tonight - Goulash

Dinner tonight is GOULASH. Now, it's been my experience, that everyone makes Goulash differently. This is my quick and easy version. My daughter loves it. Which is funny as she will not eat spaghetti. And the only thing that's different between the two is the type of pasta. To go with the spaghetti, we will have salad and garlic toast.

Goulash

1 lb. hamburger
1 lb. box of elbow macaroni
2 cans of spaghetti sauce
seasonings of choice ( I usually add garlic powder )

Brown hamburger in a skillet. Drain fat. Cook elbow macaroni according to directions on the package. Drain water. Add the hamburger to the macaroni. Add in spaghetti sauce. Season as you wish.

Note: This makes a good amount. It feeds my family of 5 easily and we have plenty of leftovers.

**The difference between this and the Goulash that I used to eat as a child, is that I use spaghetti sauce and my mom used tomato juice. I like it either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment